1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox products pocket organizer impressions.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Apr 27, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Talkative Member

I realized the need for a pocket organizer after making the realization that some of the lightest and smallest carry driven EDC items are hard to keep track of if you aren't intending to actively carry or use them. It is sort of a no brainer, but even after much more than a decade of being a EDC enthusiast, this is my first pocket organizer. I wish i would have purchased one sooner.

20190427_092620.jpg

Most of the purchases I make for "kits" are either general, or for a specific task and purpose. Survival is a very general subject with many tasks, but smaller, pocket sized kits lend themselves very well to more specific areas of the genre, be it fire starting , trauma, water purification, and of course the list goes on.

The Fox pocket organizer isn't the quality of A maxpedition version, or some others. Having said that It is also quite a bit cheaper.

20190427_092635.jpg

The topic of today is specifically geared toward hideaway items, with a few general purpose items added (such as the PIilot G2 pen, and maglight LED flashlight). Although It isn't complete, I intend to add much more to "specialize" this kit for one basic purpose, and that purpose is entry or exit from protected / secure spaces.

I may be in a situation at some point when I may need several very small items to maintain my safety, and give me the options for defense, access, or egress. (Such as a FEMA camp)

Many of the items are of sufficient quality to be used for an extended period, but, inexpensive enough to be disposed of if necessary. And small enough to hide. Surprise searches and wanding down with metal detectors can easily happen when locked within the confines of a bus terminal, sporting arena, or other locations with engineering controls in place to keep you corralled. (Like post hurricane Katrina)

That is only one of the many uses for a kit such as this one. Kept inexpensive, subdued, drab, and disposable. For this, the Fox pocket organizer seems perfect for that niche.

Atlas and twp like this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I love these little kits. They are great. Have a similar kit in a similar condor pouch as well.

hypnos likes this.
  3. hypnos

hypnos Talkative Member

@Atlas, how do you like the condor?

4. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

It has done its job well. I cant even remember how long ago I bought it. I believe it was early 2000's, but might be mistaken.