1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Aid Kit -FAK- challenge and giveaway

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

What is in your first aid kit?

In this challenge I would like to see what you have built for a first aid kit and hear a brief explanation of why. If you have more than one FAK, post up it up. More than one kit means more than one entry. I will use a random number generator on October 1st to pick a winner.

For this giveaway challenge the winner will receive an AMK adventure series first aid kit to add to their preps!

Amazon.com: Adventure Medical Kits Sportsman Series Whitetail First Aid Kit: Health & Personal Care

2. jimLE

jimLE Active Member

That'd means id have to take diff pics.on account i ended up having to store what i have,in diff totes n all.:confused:lol

Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

I am actually looking more for what you have in your first aid kit that either fits in your daily carry bag, or your bug out bag. If you want to start there, that should be pretty easy.

jimLE likes this.
  4. Atlas

Here are some pictures of the one I keep in my Get Home Bag.
    20180816_130043.jpg 20180816_130135.jpg

I've used this same kit for quite some time now, and it covers the basics for me well enough. I mostly get into it for the aspirin, allergy medicine and band-aids. But I have some other things for just in case. I keep shields for doing CPR in all my kits now, I had a bad experience.

5. Sally Rudd

Sally Rudd Active Member

There are two First Aid kits I carry. The day to day box is just a beefy Boo-Boo kit,
    DSCN0290.JPG

The other kit is more elaborate, has more medication and bigger dressings, along with gloves, a couple of irrigation pods and a foil blanket.
    DSCN0287.JPG

Atlas likes this.
  6. Atlas

They both look great! Is there anything in either kit that you do differently than most, or that you made especially for yourself?

7. Sally Rudd

Sally Rudd Active Member

Apart from getting rid of all the 'stuff' by that I mean all the plasters that don't stick or are a stupid size (who needs 50 of those button plasters?!? and why are there so many safety pins?) not really. I always keep blister plasters they are worth their weight in gold. I have basic first aid training and as such I only keep what I'm confident using and what is and has been useful to me. I like items that are multi use.

Atlas likes this.
  8. jimLE

jimLE Active Member

IMG_20180820_160405.jpg
    This is my everyday kit,for the cuts n scraps. I also have a tube of antibiotic cream .thought it was in there. But the difference size band aids is there. The roll of tape will be replaced with gauze tape, that don't stick to hair n skin.

Attached Files:

Atlas likes this.
  9. Atlas

I have no idea why some of these kits have the things that they do. Most first aid kits are designed to be modified on my opinion! You also bring up a great point, have a kit full of things that you know how to use, and you know that you will use. Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Great kit sir! I like having antibiotic ointment in mine as well. Another thing I have started adding to my kits is anti-itch cream. I got into the poison oak really bad a couple weeks back and swore I would always have some with me from then on. Thanks for showing us your kit!

10. Atlas

Are there any more entries out there for this give away?

11. Atlas

@Sally Rudd is our first entry and @jimLE is our second. Using the random number generator we have a winner!

Screenshot_20181002-061316_Firefox.jpg

Congratulations @jimLE !

12. jimLE

jimLE Active Member

Ok.I'm a lil confused here.lol.in the email i recived,it says that sally is the winner.then i come to the forum.in which.I'm reading congratulations jim.

13. Atlas

I guess I'm busted! I got a little mixed up and had to re-do it. For some reason I though that Sally had made two entries, but then after posting realized that she hadn't. That's what I get for posting before coffee in the morning!

jimLE likes this.
  14. jimLE

jimLE Active Member

Id had ya a cup of coffee.but i don't think,handing it through the internet will work.lol.

Atlas likes this.
  15. Atlas

Thanks, I'm doing better now! I'm half a cup in.

16. jimLE

jimLE Active Member

I at least try to have at least 2 cups in me,by the time i get onto the internet..

Atlas likes this.