1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every Day Carry (EDC)

Discussion in 'The Learning Center' started by Atlas, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

Every day carry or EDC kits are something that every prepper should understand. Wikipedia has a great definition of EDC.

Let me reiterate some key things here. EDC is meant to be exactly what the name implies. These should be items that you will carry with you everywhere you go, no matter where that might be.

My personal EDC consists of only a few items, but they are the ones that I use the most. Time will help with fine-tuning your kit, so don't worry about things too much out of the gate.

My kit includes:

Flashlight
    Leatherman Skeletool
    Bandana
    Wallet with cash/credit cards and fresnel lens
    Bic lighter
    Ballpoint pen
    Write in the rain notebook
    Smartphone

Some people don't mind having more in their pockets, some people like less. It really depends on you.

Examples of great EDC kits can be found in many places on the net, so feel free to look around and see what others have done. I would like to encourage all students to keep these kits limited to pockets and on their person. A future class will expand on this and dive into bags and larger kits. For now, keep it simple.

hypnos likes this.