1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El camino

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Nov 21, 2018.

1. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member Survival Class Instructor

El camino from my understanding basically means the road in Spanish, I won't be talking about the Chevrolet.

Here in Mexico one of the only things that resembles a expensive purchase are smartphones, and other consumers electronics that are actually more expensive here than the United States.

One thing that is incredibly affordable here is transportation, public, or otherwise.

Fuel prices are slightly cheaper than what Americans pay for gasoline, but the vehicles themselves are a fraction of the cost of the typical MSRP we dole out in the home of the brave.

Recently i was in a number of department stores where it is typical to find scooters and motorcycles for sale, the one that caught my attention was the VENTO rocketman 250cc motorcycle.

It is a Chinese company that produces outright copies of yamaha and honda engines for there offerings which in theory should make replacement of parts and maintenance that much easier.

[​IMG]

The price is what really got me excited. While the VENTO is not as popular as the Mexican manufactured ITALIKA brand motor cycle
    , it appears to be less expensive due to that reason. It is still a very common brand to see on every street in the area I'm in, speaking to its viability.

The going price seems to hover at or around $32,000 pesos, which is roughly $1,500 USD.
    20181118_184004.jpg

I'd prefer to have a Kawasaki , yamaha, or honda enduro motorcycle (and i will probably upgrade to one eventually) but, for a first bike that will probably get laid on the ground a few times, $1,500 for a brand new out of the factory street bike looks like a really great deal, with a enough power to get into and out of trouble, and great fuel economy.

Mexico is a rider culture, by far the most common form of transportation here is the motorcycle. To get my liscense to drive will cost me about 60$ and the liscense bureau will waive the test! Liscensing is even cheaper if I decide to take the written exam which I understand is very easy.

I'm strongly considering Mexico for business and eventual retirement purposes to stay part time for the winter months, while I'm here, having my own motorcycle here will give me some freedoms and excitement I don't have at home, plus being a option for bugging out and getting home should a catastrophe strike.

Let me know what you think is the better option for a first timer. So far I don't see allot of cons for a motorcycle that will probably get some abuse due to my inexperience.

Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

I don't know too much about these bikes, but at that price it may be easy enough to give it a try. How hard would it be to get rid of if you end up not wanting to keep it?