1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDC challenge

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I would like to kick off this section with a fairly easy challenge. Show us your EDC kit with a couple of pictures and a brief description of what you have and why.

Edited to set a date! On August first I will pick a winner with a random number generator, and they will receive a brand new SAK Farmer pocket knife!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. jimLE

jimLE New Member

I have 2 knives in i carry.the bladed knife.i found on the shoulder of a bridge quite a fews ago.it renained put away untill,at least 4 or 5 years ago.then got it out and sharped it up.for 2 reasons.1st for small jobs that i know it can handle.other reason.i fugured a lil bit of extra protection might help,with the way this world. is going.the other knife for the same reasons.the 2 bladed knife remains in my pocket. And the clip on knife remains cliped to my pocket

0514181740.jpg 0514181739.jpg 0514181740a.jpg 0514181740b.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

Those are both great blades! Sometimes the knife that you would use for protection is not the knife that you want to use for every day chores and vice versa. My father had carried a two bladed case knife like that my whole life. I never understood why until I recently saw how nice it is for everyday tasks.

Thanks for entering the challenge @jimLE!

jimLE likes this.
  4. Quietsurvivalist

Quietsurvivalist Moderator Staff Member

I dont know if this is still going, but I dont want to win. I will however put a pic up tomorrow If we are still doing edc

Atlas likes this.
  5. Atlas

Yes, it is definitely still going.

6. jimLE

jimLE New Member

My 2 carry knifes do get used for everyday task.but yet,i do limit their useage.take the one with the clip for example. It's a idea knife for trimming shingles at the edge of a roof.so corrugated roofing can be installed properly. Yes it's been done.and it's still sharp

Atlas likes this.
  7. Atlas

2018-06-05 11.15.45.jpg
    This is just an example of one of the EDC's I use. Due to my work, or play, I have a couple different that I carry regularly. This is mostly just when I am home and working around the properties.

8. Atlas

Anyone else care to get in on this?! I am not looking for anything crazy or special, just tell me what is in your pockets every day and a little but about why. The SAK Farmer is an awesome pocket knife, so it will be worth it if you win!