Death of Money-Prep like there was no tomorrow

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Commodities: Get you Some. If you got 'em, other people will want 'em, so bury deep and STFU.

hypnos

I have been stocking what I can....great article and well put together!
It makes me question often however, what the best primary investments are. Any of the staple investments geared towards preppers are good ones, like land, PMs, livestock, firearms, tools, etc.

I am still trying to find the ideal balance (for me)

How much cash, PMs, 3Bs, etc.

I still need a retirement plan, pay bills, and buy gasoline, it can't ALL be PMs, or guns and ammo. The difficult thing for me is, you simply can't have enough of any of them.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That is the hard part. I tend to stock up on cycles. It's usually triggered by realizing that I don't have nearly enough of something, but sometimes it's just what catches my eye. I also try and buy some PM's every pay day. An ounce of silver twice a month will add up fairly quickly. A couple of years later... Food is in cycles as well. I pretty much have the goal met and keep it topped up at this point. Adding some extra cans or dried goods to the cart every trip to the store builds up supplies pretty fast.

old guy

I think of prepping as an insurance policy. It's there to draw on if you ever need it. Everyone has their own comfort level. To me what's more important than "stuff" is training. Once you master a skill it's yours to take with you wherever you go. There are always classes of some sort going on in every community that costs next to nothing to participate in and if you ever need that skill it becomes "priceless".

Last edited:

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I think of prepping as an insurance policy. It's there to draw on if you ever need it. Everyone has their own comfort level. To me what's more important than "stuff" is training. Once you master a skill it's yours to take with you wherever you go. There are always classes of some sort going on in every community that costs nest to nothing to participate in and if you ever need that skill it becomes "priceless".
Yes! Training is absolutely the best prep ever!

hypnos

Budgeting and fiscal intelligence is one of those skills I wish didn't take as long as it took me to develop. Not many people will teach you, unfortunately because many people don't know at any age.

I remember asking my stepmother to help me buy a house to fix up so I could have rental units, (I was still a teen ager) I said I didn't want to be forced to work after 30...she blew up, she must have taken my desire for early success as laziness but the fact is, it could've happened, I just needed the information.