1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cover stories and misc. ramblings

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Russell Williams, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Russell Williams

Russell Williams Active Member

I had the opportunity to help a neighbor by picking up something at WalMart for them since it is is less than 1/4 mile from Sam's Club where I fuel up RUFUS. What the heck... I will help a neighbor. So just as a walk in, there is a display of 4 lb bags of sugar for $1.42. I bought 6 bags. Sugar is nice to have on hand but I rarely use it. A guy comes up and asks why I was buying so much sugar. It was probably an innocent question but there might come a time when when it won't be. Thinking fast I told him it was for a church baking group and walked away.
    At some point, making a purchase like that will be dangerous. We need to buy now and gather goods now.

twp and Atlas like this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

That's a great deal, stack it high and deep for that price.

twp likes this.
  3. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

:rolleyes: I'm glad to see this resurgence in in church participation. I hope it becomes common practice.;) Remember that a potluck dinner will use lots of beans and rice too. :cool:

Atlas likes this.