Corona Virus Thread. All posts go here!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm lucky that the ladies in the house are pretty easy on the TP, which makes storing it much easier.

Reactions: twp

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
What is your secret? I can't get them to conserve. I suppose they need to learn what it means to use leaves and grass...o_O

twp

Staff member
Oops, somebody spilled beans...
NPR: ‘Mounting Evidence’ Shows COVID Not Nearly As Deadly As Thought

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/npr-mounting-evidence-shows-covid-not-nearly-deadly-thought/

Here’s more from NPR’s report:

The evidence comes from tests that detect antibodies to the coronavirus in a person’s blood rather than the virus itself.
The tests are finding large numbers of people in the US who were infected but never became seriously ill. And when these mild infections are included in coronavirus statistics, the virus appears less dangerous.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
This is turning out to be a huge social experiment, but who did it and why is the real question.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
Training the public for .gov control and orders?

twp

Staff member

twp

Staff member
NOTE the success with a three 'drug' combination and how this report does NOT state whether the other two ingredients were used in the cited reports. Spin, spin, spin...

NIH Halts Hydroxychloroquine Trial After Finding No Benefit for COVID-19 Patients

https://www.theepochtimes.com/nih-h...al-benefit-for-covid-19-patients_3395952.html

Read down toward the end of the article to find other, more successful studies.

twp

Staff member
Remember this thread? It get longer...
Sisolak mandates all Nevadans, visitors wear masks while in public, including businesses

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/poli...ak-gives-update-covid-19-response/3254017001/

That’s why, today, I signed a directive with a new requirement for Nevadans and visitors to wear a cover their nose and mouth with a mask or face covering, when in public space, whether publicly or privately owned. This directive is effective on Friday.
— Governor Sisolak (@GovSisolak) June 25, 2020
Dated 6/24/20, effective Friday, 6/26/20... I can't wait to see how much compliance this generates... I note that the quote above contains a post dated attribution. It is NOT June 25, 2020 as I write this... got TARDIS?

twp

Staff member
Because their college degrees didn't cover those skill sets...;)

twp

Staff member
Here’s The Good COVID-19 News That’s Being Buried By The Press

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/06/25/falling-covid-19-death-rates-are-even-smaller-than-they-look/

Once again, the U.S. is undergoing a media-driven COVID-19 scare after a “spike” in infections. But as we noted earlier this week, the number of cases depends on the amount of testing. The key gauge to watch is deaths. They’ve been falling since April, and there’s strong reason to believe they’re lower than the official count suggests.
In most U.S. jurisdictions, unlike many other countries, if someone dies with COVID-19, that becomes the cause of death for official purposes. That’s true even if it didn’t technically “cause” the person’s death.

But sometimes even not being infected counts. After New York reported its 10,000 fatalities in May, the New York Times revealed that “3,700 additional people who were presumed to have died of the coronavirus … had never tested positive.”
“Some doctors feel pressure from hospitals to list deaths as due to the coronavirus, even when they don’t believe that is the case, ‘to make it look a little bit worse than it is.,'” Lott and Allen wrote. “There are financial incentives that might make a difference for hospitals and doctors. The CARES Act adds a 20% premium for COVID-19 Medicare patients.”

twp

Staff member
As I read the news with respect to COVID-19, I see that the number of identified cases continues to rise. This is because testing has become faster and more widespread across the world.

NOTE: the count of "identified cases" is NOT the same as certified cause of death. The fatality rate remains low.

BUT the Main Stream Media would have us believe that the death rate is rising... Even with the false attribution of COVID-19 as the cause of an actual death, the death rate is FALLING. Remember that if someone is hit by a train, but their autopsy shows that they were infected with COVID-19, then many hospitals will list the cause of death as COVID-19. Beware of false reporting...

Be careful what/who your trust when you read frantic headlines, intended to cause you to run screaming into the streets.

I believe that the public is being manipulated for political and monetary reasons...

twp

Staff member
England; This is why the published reports of COVID-19 testing should be looked at with skepticism...

Tens of thousands of coronavirus tests have been double-counted, officials admit

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/tens-thousands-coronavirus-tests-have-double-counted-officials/

The test involves a swab from the mouth and nose as well as a sample of saliva. Although both of these are taken from the same patient, they are counted twice by the Government in its daily data.
NOTE: this is the TESTING count, not the actual death count. Skepticism is advised...

twp

Staff member