Corona Virus Thread. All posts go here!

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
I've been called that too, in a time long ago, in a state far, far away...;)
I got over it...:D

twp

Staff member
Additional information about his post:
https://www.prepperboards.com/threads/corona-virus-thread-all-posts-go-here.2895/post-24341

Retracted: Hydroxychloroquine study pulled over suspect data [Updated]

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/lancet-hydroxychloroquine-study-retracted-shady-data-still-shady/

The Lancet medical journal on Thursday announced the retraction of a dubious study suggesting that the anti-malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine significantly increased the risk of death and heart-rhythm complications in hospitalized COVID-19 patients worldwide.

Three of the study’s four authors made the decision to retract the study after they were unable to independently verify the data used for their analysis. The data was provided by an obscure data analytics company, Surgisphere, which is run by the fourth author of the study, Sapan S Desai, who did not appear to agree to the retraction.

twp

Staff member

twp

Staff member
I have a suspicion that big pharma is behind the effort to disparage Hydroxychloroquine. It is relatively cheap to make, has a long history of successful use and is made in places all over the world. Not something that big pharma can monopolize and charge big bucks for... So sad... NOT!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Before long Covid19 is going to be a memory and no drugs will be sold. Take that big pharma!

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
I hope that happens!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_20200605_065150.jpg

Current population of California is 39,512,223. 4422÷39513223=0.0001119119

Is my math right?

Reactions: twp

WolfBrother

Interesting hypothesis (not yet at level of theory) - super spreader cause of most Wuhan virus spreading. Worth a read

Yahoo news picked this up from -
qwoodward@businessinsider.com (Aylin Woodward), Business InsiderJune 4, 2020
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-super-spreader-events-reveal-gatherings-to-avoid-2020-5?utm_source=yahoo.com&utm_medium=referral

Super-spreader events, in which one person infects a disproportionately large number of others, are the primary means by which the coronavirus spreads, new research suggests.

twp

Staff member
The math seems correct to me also. That is a one hundredth of one percent fatality rate.

Then you need to factor in the possibly (probably) false attribution of death to Corona Virus...

"Dang, officer, we tested the blood on the front bumper of the semi that hit him at 60 mph and it tested positive for Corona antibodies... We're impounding the truck for 14 days too."

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
All that I can say is thank God it isn't higher! For a while there I thought this was going to kill us all, but I am very glad that it turned out to not be so bad after all.

twp

Staff member
Agreed, less is better. A positive side to this is that the public is shown who (No pun intended) cannot be trusted with our health and some members of the medical profession have been "outed" as having an agenda that doesn't fit with the Hypocratic Oath. "First, Do No Harm".

twp

Staff member

twp

Staff member
I hope so. To much mis-information and dis-information is being pushed on the public.