Corona Virus Thread. All posts go here!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great story, and I have experienced similar. The reason for preps is to be AHEAD of the curve, not IN it. I usually ramp up preps in the early stages of reporting, just in case.

Reactions: twp

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member

twp

Staff member
‘Severe Disruption’: Global Shortage of Anti-Virus Masks, Says WHO
https://www.theepochtimes.com/sever...age-of-anti-virus-masks-says-who_3230874.html

The current supply chain of medical masks, respirators, and other related equipment is facing a four-to-six-month backlog, World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a press conference in Geneva, Switzerland, on Friday.

“The world is facing a chronic shortage of personal protective equipment,” he remarked before adding that the demand for masks is about 200 times higher, tantamount to a “severe disruption” of the market.

The health official added that he would be speaking to members of the supply chain network to produce more masks and deal with “bottlenecks” on production.
With demand comes price increases... Expect it to happen around the world.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
The good news is, people are getting prepped up.

twp

Staff member
That is good news.
I'm looking for instructions on how to make virus resistant face masks. What materials work best for this. Serious question.

twp

Staff member

jimLE

Here's a lil something for those that use Youtube

twp

Staff member
@jimLE, could you provide a description of what is in that youtube video? I need to know if it is worth breaching my firewall to allow it to play. Thanks.

twp

Staff member
"...at least 811 deaths..."
I don't trust the numbers coming from the Chinese government either. It is likely they don't really know how many deaths have occurred. I wonder what their bunkers look like?

Russell Williams

A friend of mine in this area has been diagnosed with Avian flu, variant unknown at this time. They will tell her Monday. She is quarantined to her home. If she gets any worse they will hospitalize her. She has no idea how she caught it. To compound her problem, a package arrived at her home... from Wuhan!! Her son had purchased a handbag as a Christmas present for his girlfriend. in early November. It just arrived. I told her not to open it. Why is USPS accepting mail from that area of China?

twp

Staff member
That sound very suspicious. I don't think they have quarantined mail or products, just people.

Russell Williams

I told her if the USPS didn't respond, call Homeland Security. It sounds like her son donned goggles, mask and gloves and used a stick to put the box into a bag then put the bagged contents into another bag.

twp

Staff member
Her son sounds like he has good head on this shoulders. Keep us advised as you find out more info.