Corona Virus Thread. All posts go here!

WolfBrother

My favorite color is red. In high school I was a member of the "Mighty Big Red Bulldog" football team.

Useless trivia - at the time I was in Jr. High we were Blue and White and since we were JUNIOR high we couldn't be Bulldogs so we were Puppies. Now it's Red and White and Bulldog both places. So I went from Go Blue Go Puppies to Go Red Go Bulldogs.

The MSM has co-opted the Blue of the Blue-coats to mean Democratic Party controlled areas. Conversely, the enemy color Red to mean Republican Party controlled areas. I've seen some reference to Purple states - where there is no clear Red or Blue party control. Remember for the most part we're talking about the MSM and it's target audience. So Red and Blue is easier than conservative or liberal. (smaller words that are mono-syllabic - perfect for the MSM and it's target audience)

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
"target audience" <snerk> got that right.:D

Punty

At least one person in my building has succumbed to Covid-19. He was a 90 year old Russian immigrant, nice guy. He went for a walk at 6AM every morning, rain or shine, in all 4 seasons.

A couple of times I shoveled snow out from behind his car in the parking lot to help him out.

Where I live is a dense Brazilian population. They are by nature very social people who "glob", they are always in large groups doing stuff. They still are, disregarding all social distancing rules in large part. Their kids are still playing soccer and shooting hoops and everything else just like any other time.

I have some growing measure of confidence that everyone in my condo community has had, has now, or will have the virus before this is over.

Minority communities, in general, and immigrants especially, I think are cultural unable to comply with social distancing, and I think this is why they are and will continue to be the hardest hit by it.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It seems pretty obvious to me that the people of my county don't really care that much about coronavirus. There are a few Karen's, but not many. Everywhere I look I see people out doing things. If we haven't already gotten past the herd immunity thing I would be very surprised.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
Blood On Their Hands: World Renowned Doctors Release Studies Supporting Hydroxychloroquine Treatment for Coronavirus as Fake News Continues to Smear Life-Saving Drug

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/blood-hands-world-renowned-doctors-release-studies-supporting-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-coronavirus-fake-news-continues-smear-life-saving-drug/

I've been following this for a couple of months. It is now reaching media and can't be ignored anymore...
It is a lower cost treatment and there are some stockpiles available. Of course, who exactly controls those stockpiles is a major question...:rolleyes:

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking... I cant remember the last time I saw where someone did this. It might be 30 years ago!

twp

Staff member
Thanks, @Dogman, I like the one you deleted too. :D

twp

Staff member
COVID doctors challenge CDC's rules on cause of death, concerned about inflated numbers

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...searchers-challenge-uns-who-cdc-and-dr-faucis
Doctors are doing their own research in hopes of getting more accurate information
Frontline COVID-19 doctors this week have gone public saying they feel pressured to show COVID-19 as cause-of-death on certificates of patients suspected of having the virus when they also have had underlying medical conditions.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
After this is all said and done we are going to be hearing a lot of stories about doctors and the truth about Covid19.

twp

Staff member
"heads will roll" in the aftermath of the investigation.
Trust in the medical profession may (will) suffer from this.
Trust in politicians? Depends on who they can pay off and how much they pay.

Watch the vaccine producers and those who support them. Some are reputable, others are in it for the money...

twp

Staff member
That's it! Not offering a bribe, just trying to help an officer who might be in need...

Last edited:

twp

Staff member
Hmmm... He's older than me in dog years... More power to him.