- 23,865 confirmed cases worldwide
- 23,214 suspected cases
- 492 fatalities
- 3,064 in serious/critical condition
- Nearly 800 recovered
- Vast majority of cases in China
- 25 countries reporting cases

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member

twp

Staff member
Post-Exposure Prevention (PEP) Protocol
https://survivalblog.com/post-exposure-prevention-pep-protocol-jj-mi/

NOTE: this information is based on the SARS virus treatment and NOT on any testing for the Corona Virus.
IT IS NOT PRESENTED AS AN EFFECTIVE PREVENTATIVE AGAINST CORONA VIRUS.
The treatment uses Povidone Iodine, also know as Betadine.

twp

Staff member
How to Handle DOOM FATIGUE About the Coronavirus
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/doom-fatigue/

Wow, this is Very appropriate. I've experienced this personally as I spend a lot of time (too much?) browsing the 'net for Prepper information.

If you’re like a lot of folks, you’re sick and tired of hearing about the coronavirus but at the same time, you’re glued to the news about it. Or maybe it’s a combination of the coronavirus, a global economy threatened by the possible pandemic, a potential war in the Middle East, and the assorted political nonsense we’re currently witnessing that has you saying, “No more!”

There’s a loosely coined name for this. It’s called “doom fatigue.” Those of us who closely follow current events are the most susceptible to it. And it’s very real. These devices that keep us connected to a constant flow of information are great, but that same constant flow can also contribute to a state of overwhelm and mental exhaustion.
This article is certainly worth reading, and not not just because you are feeling fatigue from the non-stop news barrage... Don't stop watching, but don't let it get you down either.

twp

Staff member
Did China's Tencent Accidentally Leak The True Terrifying Coronavirus Statistics

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/di...y-leak-true-terrifying-coronavirus-statistics

This is something to consider as you read the news reports. Whether it is true, or not, this may indicate that the full situation is NOT being fed to the MSM (Main Stream Media) and MSM may not be stating the whole story.

We may never know the full story. Or it may be many years before we learn more from inside China.
Keep watch.

jimLE

I've taken thing's that i read on the internet with several grains of salt.especially when it comes to china.Russia. Japan. north korea.etc etc. in which that includes the corona virus. It's far far greater and worse then what their saying.and if it's not.then why do they have so many in quarantine? . and why are the dealing with those that are speaking the truth?

twp

Staff member
I'm also reading questionable reports of news suppression inside China. I'm not posting about those because they are coming from websites which, IMO, have questionable credentials themselves. However, I keep reading those sites because they may (perhaps, maybe) have access to news which is not being allowed by the MSM (Main Stream Media). It is a tough call. "Who do you trust?" by Papa Roach

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
My best guess is that China is way worse than they say it is. As for the details? I have no idea.

Reactions: twp

jimLE

at least their living nicely for now.

There's a small town 12 miles from me.in which they've shut down their school's untill at least next week.due to too many student's staying home due to having flu like symptoms. i know it's most and likely the flu.but yet.i still can't help but wonder.

Punty

As I happen to be working on a couple of custom FAK's, I just ordered a bottle of 10% solution Povidone Iodine, and a box of 100 Povidone Iodine prep pads.
Seems like a good thing to have in the house and keep some pads in my FAK's in my emergency bags. I might even take a few to work.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
at least their living nicely for now.

There's a small town 12 miles from me.in which they've shut down their school's untill at least next week.due to too many student's staying home due to having flu like symptoms. i know it's most and likely the flu.but yet.i still can't help but wonder.
Most likely it is. I hope.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
As I happen to be working on a couple of custom FAK's, I just ordered a bottle of 10% solution Povidone Iodine, and a box of 100 Povidone Iodine prep pads.
Seems like a good thing to have in the house and keep some pads in my FAK's in my emergency bags. I might even take a few to work.
Good thinking. I keep them in my kits too. Do you order from EMP?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
This reminds me of the story about the workers who went into Chernobyl on the first few days to work on the reactor. Sad.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That is understandable, the prices can be good, but EMP is almost always better.

jimLE

Especially when 100's if not 1000's was already sick with it to begin with.then stick them all in one area.and with no means of getting out.

WolfBrother

Good thinking. I keep them in my kits too. Do you order from EMP?
Note - on the top of EMP's home page:
Due to increased demand from the coronavirus, orders and inquiries may take longer to process than usual. Thanks for your patience.

What we're seeing with isolation supplies (masks, gloves, etc.) is like what happened to a local Walmart years ago.

years ago:
Wed - weather types started talking about a probable snow/ice/frozen rain/sleet storm hitting the next Mon.
Thur - weather types increased probability of the storm
Fri - weather types increased probability of the storm. On the way home from work I stopped at the local Walmart to pick up a few things. I talked with a manager there I knew and he said the big rush about the storm hadn't hit.
Sat - weather types increased probability of the storm to a "Fer Sure thang" status.
Sun - Could feel the weather change creeping in. My wife needed a couple of things to make a cake to take to work on Mon. I went to the Walmart and ALL check out lines were open and ALL lines were 8 to 10 people deep. I saw that manager and he said, "It's been like locusts hitting a wheat field." Except for a few packages of corn tortillas and some loaves of high dollar Artsy Fartsy bread, the bread aisle was empty. The milk and eggs section pretty empty. The beer and water aisle, pretty empty. Lots of empty space in the canned soup and stews section. There wasn't a candle (regular or scented) nor a flashlight in the store.

I got the couple of things my wife needed and went back home. Got home, wife was all excited about what the news said about the storm and how the stores were being picked clean. I smiled and in my best West Texas Good 'Ol boy voice said, "We're good."

The only problem with being self sufficient/prepping is there's ALWAYS something else.

Right now it's masks, gloves, and other PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).