Corona Virus Thread. All posts go here!

jimLE

the warehouse for that particular walmart Is out as well as the walmart.i figure so is the other Walmarts the warehouse delivers to as well.

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
I looked at prices for N95 masks on the Walmart site. They are over $8 each, which seems kind of steep, but it's a sellers market right now...

WolfBrother

China uses night soil (composted human feces). IF it ain't done RIGHT it's full of disease.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
Japan is also noted for using human feces and urine as crop fertilizer. More so in the past but I think it is still practiced today. Still, if you travel to Japan, or are living there now, beware of the source of your foods.

twp

Staff member
Amazing coincidence: Coronavirus VACCINE just announced
https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-01-amazing-coincidence-coronavirus-vaccine-just-announced.html

While the source of this article, Naturalnews.com, is noted for hyperbole in their articles, it does point out a suspicious circumstance on the timing of the announcement. DO NOTE that such a vaccine is NOT, NO WAY, ready for release to humans.

My worry relates to vaccines in general and the likelihood of a government enforced mandatory vaccination program. It has NOT come to that point, yet, but it is a probable action by governments around the world.

Watch...

twp

Staff member
Virologist: Overseas Production of Vaccines Makes U.S. Vulnerable to Pandemics
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...f-vaccines-makes-u-s-vulnerable-to-pandemics/

Hatfill complimented President Donald Trump, however.

“The president is a smart cookie,” he observed. “Last year, he signed some legislation to bring domestic vaccine production back to the United States, realizing that this was a national security issue.”

In September 2019, Trump issued an executive order directing the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to overhaul seasonal flu vaccine production.

The White House said in a statement:

Unfortunately, many of the vaccines we use today are produced overseas, using time-consuming, egg-based technology, which limits their effectiveness and makes production too slow to effectively combat a potential deadly influenza pandemic.
A question remains: How long will it take to first; create an effective vaccine and second; how long to produce enough for those who want/need it?

twp

Staff member
RE human/animal feces as a virus vector; cities such as San Francisco, which have a serious problem with human feces on their streets, face the problem of non-carriers walking to/from work and carrying the virus into work places or homes.

I don't (yet) read any reports of this being addressed, anywhere. The only way to address it, right now, is to completely avoid areas with known fecal contamination. That would mean not going to work and not patronizing businesses in those areas.

twp

Staff member

WolfBrother

twp

Staff member
The first link to Gloom and Bloom, above, has some advice on non-pharmaceutical ways to address a possible disease outbreak. I wish Alton would put a date on his articles, because I can't tell how old his advice is... Time is important in the event of fast moving outbreak.

WolfBrother

MY OPINION - Typical ABC non-information information reporting
ABC - 11 confirmed Wuhan Corona virus cases in the US
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/11-confirmed-us-coronavirus-cases-115233678.html

MY OPINION - "Unnamed Experts" leads the first sentence. One expert, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on record to the NY Times as "increasingly unlikely that the virus can be contained," making it "therefore likely that it will spread, as flu and other organisms do, but we still don't know how far, wide, or deadly it will be." Not looking good.
The Week (theweek.com) - Experts say Wuhan coronavirus will likely become a pandemic
https://www.yahoo.com/news/experts-wuhan-coronavirus-likely-become-054400720.html

twp

Staff member
One consequence of quarantine conditions:
Coronavirus forces world's largest work-from-home experiment
https://www.theage.com.au/business/...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

This is still being worked out in the business world. Not having safe conditions is leading some businesses to try work-at-home, but others are closing for lack of walk-in customers.

Please report about this, here, if you have seen any actions in you community as response the the Corona Virus outbreak.

The only thing I noticed was that the city bus drivers are wearing face masks.

jimLE

i haven't noticed any change's in business's as of yet.every business that i do business with. need's ppl at the register and restocking the shelves.im in a small town.so no transit system here.not even a small scall taxl sevice.