Corona Virus Thread. All posts go here!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
The wording that I have seen so far on what is and what is not considered essential has been pretty vague. I would guess that you will probably still be working.

Punty

The wording that I have seen so far on what is and what is not considered essential has been pretty vague. I would guess that you will probably still be working.
Looks that way so far. We are staying open. Presumably that means the purchasing department, too, which is me.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Business can't run when they don't have the parts and pieces. Your job is very important to them.

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
That is why you Prep.
Good luck and keep us informed if possible.

Punty

Company layoffs going on. Non essential personnel.

EDIT: I'm good, though. I'm pretty much a one man operation in purchasing. It was 4 people doing it when I started 20 years ago.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Italy has finally started to show signs of decreasing numbers, probably proving the lock downs have worked. How far behind are we again?
IMG_20200323_152930.jpg

jimLE

This reminds me.that i still need a diaper pail to put next to the toilet

WolfBrother

Dallas and county on Stay a home order.

Local news mentioned other cities/counties were going to do so also.

Local mayor issued a “social distancing” order today for people to follow when in stores and such.

Local officials danced around the “ R U gonna do like Dallas? “ questions

twp

Staff member
Yeah, look at what happened on "spring break"... Immortal youth do learn, but slowly. Sometimes the lesson is harsh.

twp

Staff member
Ibuprofen may increase susceptibility to the coronavirus, new study says; experts also link infectious complications to its use

https://www.newstarget.com/2020-03-...susceptibility-to-coronavirus-infections.html

Since the warnings about ibuprofen use surfaced on social media, some experts have voiced their disagreement with the issues raised against it. One of the most vocal was Angela Rasmussen, a virologist at Columbia University and one of the scientists who discovered the genetics behind a person’s susceptibility or resistance to the Ebola virus. She said that there is, as yet, no evidence that anti-inflammatory drugs increase susceptibility to the novel coronavirus.
OK. Conflicting information here. Unless directed by a doctor, I would avoid NSAIDs. YMMV
I AM NOT A DOCTOR!!!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member

jimLE

i haven't taken a pain med of any kind or flavor, in a long time.so i'll carry on,by not taking any of them.