Chuck Norris Meme, Jokes and Miscellaneous goes here...

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
But it might act as a population control. Natural selection in action? Expect to hear about this from .gov types...

Dogman

Once upon a time; many, many years ago, in a land far, far away the guys called me Doc.

In Costner's Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer movie, he had a number. The number he wasn't able to save. I have a similar number - their names are on the wall in DC. I was actually pretty good at being a Medic. One couple of days, the battalion surgeon grabbed me, had me glove up, and talked me thru doing a chest tube. He then watched me do one. After that he stood up and in his best command voice said "NEED A CHEST TUBE? - HE DOES IT." I wound up putting 5 more in before it was over. I saw the sun set and rise twice during that time.

Dogman, Welcome Home Brother.

an after edit - I used to not share some things about a certain period in my life unless it was one to one with a Vet. I was having some issues with PTSD. I'm on the otherside of that now and will share things because I know how much in terms of individual history us close mouthed Vets don't share.

Example - The night my step-son graduated from college the family was having an after dinner at a popular place in Nacogdoches. I looked around and saw on a Marine cover the word Chosen. I walked over and politely asked if the gentlemen was one of the Frozen Chosen. He gave me a penetrating look and nodded his head. I then said, "Sir, I know Marines do not salute inside but as a Veteran I'm going to render to you the proper Honors." I braced and saluted. He stood and returned my salute. His family (son DILaw grandkids) were staring so I explained. I said, "Your Marine served in Korea and survived the fight the Marines had with the Chinese Army. They brought out their wounded, their dead, and almost all of their equipment. ANYONE who was there is a stone cold absolute Hero in my books." I looked at his grandchildren and said, "Your Grandfather will never say he is a hero, he probably will say that he served with a bunch of heros." I looked at the Grandfather and said, "You owe it to your buddies to tell their history." I then shook hands with him and said, "Welcome Home Brother.". Doing my part to not lose history.
What do you say Wolf Brother can we start calling you Doc??.It would be and honor to do so..

WolfBrother

I will respond to Doc. It was an my very great privilege, pleasure, and honor to be thus named by the guys.

Routinely I use WolfBrother. Pre-Y2K a guy at work - Bob - was very much into Mountain Man and Buckskinner re-enacting. He invited me over to meet the guys and said, "Just come on into the backyard, we'll be there."

So I did. Bob forgot to mention his dog - Wolf. I came into the yard and Wolf came to protect his people and yard. Long story short, within a minute or two Wolf was greeting me like a long lost brother and Bob was getting hoorawed about Wolf. By the end of the day, the guys had shortened my new handle from Wolfs Brother to WolfBrother. All in all, a nice way to get a nickname.

WolfBrother

I remember seeing a picture of a burned out Iraqi tank with an obvious Depleted Uranium sabot hole in the turret. Someone had chalked the word Wolverines above the hole. The caption said that when Patrick Swayze was shown the photo he stared at it for a couple of minutes, looked up and simply said, "Wow, I never thought ..."

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
Good recipe too!