1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chiappa little badger

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Atlas, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

I recently picked up one of these little guys.
    2018-01-06 18.45.12.jpg 2018-01-06 18.45.31.jpg

I have not had a chance to modify it at all, but my initial impression is that this is a great little gun. I have had it out a few times with zero issues, it shoots straight and actually has a pretty nice trigger. The only thing that I see that may be an issue is the plastic sights, but for now I think they'll be fine. It's fun to shoot and fits in a back pack easily, so it has a good place in a BOB. I'll post some pictures if I end up modifying it, but until then I'll just enjoy shooting it!

NWPrimate likes this.
  2. Atlas

I've put quite a few rounds through this thing now and am still very impressed. Not only is it a great little gun, the kids can shoot it too. This makes it a very good deal.

NWPrimate likes this.
  3. Atlas

I whipped some paracord on to the stock and barrel, then made a braided three strand sling. This makes it much more comfortable to handle, easier on the cheek during shooting, and gives me 50 feet or so of paracord in an emergency.

The red dot scope is an old Leapers version that I have had for years. I mounted it on a quick disconnect riser so I can take it off and store it in the orignal bag for carrying. Surprisingly, it has been perfect zero every time I have put it back together.
    2018-06-05 11.14.31.jpg 2018-06-05 11.14.55.jpg

NWPrimate likes this.
  4. Quietsurvivalist

Quietsurvivalist Moderator Staff Member

Whats the deal with accuracy?

I heard, for what rumors are worth they are hit or miss depending on the barrel, but little predictable consistancy

Atlas likes this.
  5. Atlas

I had not heard that. Mine appears to be excellent, no flyers that I have seen so far. I have not done a serious test, but I have put most of a 500 round box of Remington thunderbolt through it and can say that everything I aim at I hit even out to 50 yards. My 15 year old daughter can do the same, so I know that it's not just me. My guess is that it is at least as accurate as my 10/22 and definitely minute of squirrel which is what I have planned for it.