1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chiappa little badger

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Atlas, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I recently picked up one of these little guys.
    2018-01-06 18.45.12.jpg 2018-01-06 18.45.31.jpg

I have not had a chance to modify it at all, but my initial impression is that this is a great little gun. I have had it out a few times with zero issues, it shoots straight and actually has a pretty nice trigger. The only thing that I see that may be an issue is the plastic sights, but for now I think they'll be fine. It's fun to shoot and fits in a back pack easily, so it has a good place in a BOB. I'll post some pictures if I end up modifying it, but until then I'll just enjoy shooting it!

twp and NWPrimate like this.
  2. Atlas

I've put quite a few rounds through this thing now and am still very impressed. Not only is it a great little gun, the kids can shoot it too. This makes it a very good deal.

3. Atlas

I whipped some paracord on to the stock and barrel, then made a braided three strand sling. This makes it much more comfortable to handle, easier on the cheek during shooting, and gives me 50 feet or so of paracord in an emergency.

The red dot scope is an old Leapers version that I have had for years. I mounted it on a quick disconnect riser so I can take it off and store it in the orignal bag for carrying. Surprisingly, it has been perfect zero every time I have put it back together.
    2018-06-05 11.14.31.jpg 2018-06-05 11.14.55.jpg

4. Quietsurvivalist

Quietsurvivalist Active Member

Whats the deal with accuracy?

I heard, for what rumors are worth they are hit or miss depending on the barrel, but little predictable consistancy

twp and Atlas like this.
  5. Atlas

I had not heard that. Mine appears to be excellent, no flyers that I have seen so far. I have not done a serious test, but I have put most of a 500 round box of Remington thunderbolt through it and can say that everything I aim at I hit even out to 50 yards. My 15 year old daughter can do the same, so I know that it's not just me. My guess is that it is at least as accurate as my 10/22 and definitely minute of squirrel which is what I have planned for it.

twp likes this.
  6. Atlas

I'm still loving this thing. The only change I've made was taking the QD mount off, because it would not hold zero.

twp likes this.
  7. Punty

Punty Member

Mine is impressively accurate. I have not modded mine yet other than removing that garbage plastic thread protector and replacing it with a bird cage that I had lying around. I have some plans for it, though. It will be one of my summer projects.

I haven't decided whether to put some sort of red dot or something on it. I may put one of those See-All sights on it. As stated, I haven't had any issues with the plastic sights, but I'd like a backup of some kind, or something that I trust more.

Atlas and twp like this.
  8. Atlas

I think the sights are fine. I put the cheap Leapers red dot on it and it is really a good little gun.

Punty and twp like this.
  9. Punty

Punty Member

I just ordered one of these for my Little Badger...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-F...var=462067524691&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

[​IMG]

My hope is that this will fit on the bit of rail behind the trigger, so when I fold it, I can fold the handle, and when I shoot it, I can leave the handle folded or unfolded, whatever is more comfortable.

I know there are grips made for the LB, but they are ugly and they hinder one of the main features of the Little Badger, the ability to fold up small. AND...they are overpriced for what they are. If this grip works, it should be awesome, if it doesn't, I'm out $9 for the attempt.

Atlas and twp like this.
  10. Atlas

I'll be interested to hear what you think of this. It looks like a good solution. I've gotten pretty used to shooting mine like it is, but if this improves the weapon I'd love to give it a try.

Punty and twp like this.
  11. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

@Punty, that grip needs to fold forward, so it is out of the way when the LB is collapsed for transport. I wonder if a little trimming with a saw might allow it to fold both ways...

Atlas and Punty like this.
  12. Punty

Punty Member

I'm not really grasping what you mean. The grip will be behind the trigger guard. It should fold back toward the stock, yes?

Atlas likes this.
  13. twp

OK, my bad. I thought that grip mounted under the scope, where it would obstruct the folding of action of the rifle. I see, now, where it could mount next to the trigger guard.

Punty and Atlas like this.
  14. Atlas

Punty and twp like this.
  15. twp

It's a minor point. At least the grip gives a more comfortable way to hold the LB for firing. It might take up more space when transporting it, but I could probably live with that.

Punty and Atlas like this.
  16. Atlas

It kind of boils down to preference. I bought the one in the link. Didn't like the feel and didn't like how much more room it took up in the pack. I could barely get it inside do to it being spread further apart. It made it very difficult to pull out when the bag is full.

Punty likes this.
  17. Punty

Punty Member

Yeah, it's supposed to be a foregrip. Most foregrips have some kind of tongue that juts forward, this one didn't, so I am hoping to mount it in the standard grip position.

If that doesn't work, I'll just put a rail cover over the picatinny. I hate having rails where I grip a firearm.

Atlas likes this.
  18. twp

Ok, then it IS a foregrip and not a trigger hand grip. If you get it installed, please show pictures, with the gun both open and folded. I'd like to see how small it gets when folded.

19. Atlas

I actually thought about taking them all off except for the top one the scope is mounted to.

twp likes this.
  20. Punty

Punty Member

I'm going to do that, but I want to get that Longshot foregrip.

I kind of want something to cover that picatinny by the trigger, though, I hate the feel of it...so if this grip doesn't work, I'll but a rail cover over that small bit.

Atlas and twp like this.