1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article-Wildfires are caused by people

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

2. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member

She is correct in this and we have enough "crazies" out there to be a real problem. Just look a California right now...

3. Atlas

In the article I posted on the Mendocino Complex fire thread there is a diagram of the 20 largest fires in California history. Most of them were caused by humans, and most of them were very recent.

4. twp

See, the obvious conclusion is that global warming makes people start fires... :rolleyes:o_O;) NOT!
    This year seems to have more than the average number of Cali fires and they are bigger fires too.

Atlas likes this.
  5. Atlas

I heard on the radio this morning that we are actually having a good year on fires so far. There are a couple big ones, but not nearly as many small ones as last year. I guess the arsonists are honing their skills and thinking big.

6. twp

Wow, I don't want to know what a "bad year" will be like. I lived in Cali. twenty years ago, for over a decade. I don't remember this number of fires in any of those years. "old timers disease" may be a factor here, but the state seems to be getting more than the average number of fires this year.

7. Atlas

I can't remember too many years where it isn't smokey this time of year. I do remember going to school early in the year and not having to do PE because of the smoke. That was the 80's.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Active Member

most fires are caused by laziness , carelessly throwing away a cigarette butt or a match.

Atlas likes this.
  9. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

I would think it might have something to do with our lack of rain, but trump has told us there is no drought, so that can’t be it.

Atlas likes this.
  10. twp

I missed that report from Trump. Got a link to it?
    We are hot and dry here, for a long time.

Atlas likes this.
  11. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Atlas likes this.
  12. twp

Thanks for the link.

It seems to focus on "50 or 60 farmers" who made that statement. Whether Trump himself is saying "there is no drought" is still in question. The quote below, from the article author, is trying to put words in MY mouth, not just Trump's.

[emphasis mine]

My response: "No, we Don't all agree."
    It is a pain in the posterior to need to do this kind of analysis, but this article is an example of "how to influence people".

Atlas likes this.
  13. Atlas

This recent fire in Redding, California that killed people and burned down a good part of the town was caused by a man towing a trailer. One of the tires went flat, and rather than changing it he decided to keep driving. The tire eventually came off the rim and sparks were flying everywhere. Very lazy.

14. Atlas

I believe that this is more about the tunnels and diversion dam that Moonbeam wanted to build than anything. It is a sore subject, because it would essentially destroy fishing in a huge part of northern California and the environmental whackos are freaking out about it. Sooner or later someone is going to have to choose between people and the ecosystem of the land around them on an epic scale. This is not a good place for Democrats to be, because they know what happens when they do it. For this reason alone, we may end up seeing a Republican governor in the near future, just so they can be the one to bring the bad news.

When a state is over populated there is bound to be a drought, water is a finite source.