Article - What if a Riot Comes Down My Street?

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
This is from T.S. in Ohio, on SurvivalBlog.com

https://survivalblog.com/riot-comes-street-t-s-ohio/

Given the direction many cities are going right now, I think this an important topic and deserves some discussion on this forum

From my perspective, the major problem with these riots is that even though our police and military have the manpower and technology to quickly bring this to an end, many government leaders seem to be afraid to go against the rioters and they have hamstrung our fine police officers. The media is constantly censoring out all the stories and videos where violent rioters are beating people in the streets because it doesn’t fit the narrative that they’re trying to promote. People keep asking how the country has become so divided and I actually believe the agenda-driven media is one of the primary reasons. People on the right have been vilified by these media outlets and rightfully don’t trust them anymore. Meanwhile, the leftists are angry at conservatives because we don’t believe their “facts” anymore. This crisis of facts has made it impossible for the two sides to find any middle ground, but this is a discussion for another time.
So far, in my town, Reno, NV, things have been mostly quiet after a week or so of "protests". I hope we continue peacefully, but don't expect that will happen.

Other cities, ie. Seattle WA, Portland OR, Los Angeles CA, Minneapolis OH are definitely getting worse. I am following the political side of this as our President is beginning to take some actions. I have my personal opinion on what I would like him to do, but that is very political and not a topic that will help us as Preppers.

What I would like to hear, from other members of this forum, is how we can act and Prep for this situation. If things calm down, then no big problem. If the situation gets worse, then what can we do, right now, to get ourselves ready?

We may not have a long warning before something happens, perhaps not enough time to do a bug-out. If I must hunker down and stay in place, I have food stocks and water for several weeks, or more if we ration those supplies. I do NOT have any good idea on how our local police force or the national guard would respond. Our state governor is probably not going to take action in a timely fashion and he is located in another city (Carson City) which is too far away to push him to faster action.

How about you? What are you views on how to Prep and how to act, if needed?

[edit] DO READ the comments which follow this article.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
First things first, live in the country. If you can't do that, then I would say that intel is very important. Do you have a scanner? Do you know how to find out what local law enforcement is up to? How about the local OES? Fire department?

If you are looking out the window at rioters in surprise you have failed as a prepper. Situational awareness is priority number one.

Dogman

Just as i have been doing for quite sometime now...Food meds water shelter weapons and more ammo...Cleaning my weapons rezero those that need it hit the maps searching for a 2nd location to bugout to,and when i find it search for a couple more incase the first becomes compromised...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Just as i have been doing for quite sometime now...Food meds water shelter weapons and more ammo...Cleaning my weapons rezero those that need it hit the maps searching for a 2nd location to bugout to,and when i find it search for a couple more incase the first becomes compromised...
That's about all you can do. How likely is it to happen where you live?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to hear. Our town has been tolerant of protests, but very quick to stop any violent actions. The cops here are known for being tyrants, so this might not be the best thing, but it is fairly peaceful that way.

Reactions: twp

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Our local and state gubermunt are notably liberal and so they did not do much when "protesters"/rioters appeared. When they started breaking into buildings and tried to burn them, then they were stopped. Not sure what our police will do next time... I do expect a "next time" because they did not spank the children nor send them to jail. They are still sitting in their parent's "basement", waiting for instructions from their "handlers".

Last edited:

soyer38301

Don't think they will come to my location. Quite conservative in this are of the country. And I live on a dead end road so nothing to see here folks move one...and if they don't a little persuasion is in order :)

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think they will come to my location. Quite conservative in this are of the country. And I live on a dead end road so nothing to see here folks move one...and if they don't a little persuasion is in order :)
You have an ideal situation right there. Good work with the planning.