1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article - The Ultimate Hurricane Prep List For Survival

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Jul 13, 2019 at 8:00 AM.

1. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

I'm linking this on the public side of the forum so EVERYONE can find and read it.

https://www.skilledsurvival.com/hurricane-prep-list/

Once again it is Hurricane Season. If you live in or even near the coast lines, then this article has information for you. This is true no matter what name you use: Hurricane, Tornado, Tropical Storm, etc...

If you've never been through a hurricane, then DO EDUCATE YOURSELF...
    If you don't expect to encounter a hurricane, DO THE SAME THING, EDUCATE YOURSELF, because you never know how your circumstances may change...

Atlas likes this.
  2. twp

Additional information and comments from the 2018 hurricane season:

How to Prepare for Hurricane Florence When You Live a Few Hundred Miles Inland

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/prepare-hurricane-inland

NOTE: THIS IS FROM 2018, so don't panic if you live on the East coast of the US, your time will come later.

Atlas likes this.
  3. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

i live far enough inland where i don't have to worry about the hurricanes themselves. but yet at least some come inland enough the storms go through my area.and those storms produce tornadoes. so it's the rain and tornadoes i have to watch out for.oh yeag.lightening as well.

Atlas and twp like this.
  4. twp

Can't help with the lightening, except to recommend not standing under trees on on hilltops... and no umbrellas :eek:
    What I'm reading is saying up to several (2-3) hundred miles from the coastline is still exposed to hurricane wind and rains.

jimLE and Atlas like this.