1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article - The 4 Levels of Disasters (And How to Prepare for Each One)

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Sep 6, 2018.

1. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

The author gives another way to sort the things which Preppers might call disasters. I call them "threats" and "risks".

The 4 Levels of Disasters - The Organic Prepper

However you view the world, this method may offer a way to understand for what and why we prep.

Four groups are offered:

Personal Emergencies
    Short Term Situations
    Man Made and Natural Disasters
    SHTF Event

Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Great article. I really like to see people writing these types of articles. It is important to take it slow and have a plan, especially when you are first starting out.

3. Sally Rudd

Sally Rudd Well-Known Member

I have followed her blog for some time, I like her sensible and considered approach and this article is spot on. I find myself agreeing with her on many levels and it's very refreshing to read an informative article that is all about real life and how make the most of it in a preppy way.

Atlas likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Well-Known Member

on a lot of UK forums the last 2 types of events are usually ignored, the number of preppers that prepare for SHTF events are very few in number, don't know why that is and it only seems to happen on UK forums not US ones.
    for some reason people are loath to talk about long term events, a couple of hours, a couple of days, a week at most, yes, longer no. they talk about "when things get back to normal" but what if it never does? what if the new normal is nothing like the normal that went before?
    maybe its just too awful to contemplate.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018