1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Strategic Relocation: Are You Missing Out?

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Sep 16, 2018 at 8:05 AM.

1. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

In case you do not plan on "bugging in" for a crisis, this article gives some ideas and discussion for how to go about finding a location, now, as your destination.

Guest Article: Strategic Relocation: Are You Missing Out? by Kit Perez - SurvivalBlog.com

As an apartment dweller in a larger city, I consider a bug-out to be preferable to staying at my present location. That is predicated on a crisis which makes living in a city problematic. Note, please, that some types of crises DO NOT warrant using our escape plans. This requires a judgement call, preferably one which is made before the crisis reaches the point of disaster.

I'll also point out that the article speaks not only to a crisis response, but to exercising your long term plans to Relocate to a better place. You don't need a crisis event to do this... It is a response to your recognition of a larger situation which makes it more desirable to move.

As an example, I'll point to the US state of California which, In My Opinion, has become a very undesirable state of residence. This has taken years to deteriorate and there have been many warning signs. I made my own exodus from California almost two decades ago, partly because of the situation in that state, where living conditions have only gotten worse.

Look at your own location. Read the article and ask yourself if you are better off where you live now, or do you need to "pull the trigger" and activate your escape plan?

jimLE and Atlas like this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Having more than one plan is optimal. As you know, not every scenario is going to need the same reaponse. I have several bug out plans based on the different scenarios that I see unfolding. It just makes sense.

jimLE likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Active Member

I have 5 or 6 places I can use in an emergency as bug out locations, all located and scouted by me in advance, however already living in a rural area not in a city my first plan is to bug IN.
    someone who even expects to bug out as a last resort needs to locate such a place NOW not leave it until after the event.

jimLE likes this.
  4. jimLE

jimLE Member

I haven't read the article yet. But yet, I already know that a time will come where I might have to bugout. More so since I moved back into town.i"ve looked at a on line city map of the immediate area of where I live. In which I learned of a short cut to a 2 lane state hwy, a short distance from me. Now it's just a matter of me driving it to learn it better. Plus the first part of that route if a farm market road. Which means I can take it further out. Then cut over to the hwy if I need to..or take diff route if needed.