Article - Millions of WhatsApp users ABANDON the app and switch to rivals Telegram or Signal

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Full title:

Millions of WhatsApp users ABANDON the app and switch to rivals Telegram or Signal ahead of privacy policy update that will force them to share their personal data with Facebook

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9134309/WhatsApp-users-ABANDON-app-fears-data-shared-Facebook.html

Key word here: Forced... This is what Big Brother does...
The update, which will be released on February 8, affects WhatsApp users in all countries outside of Europe and the UK, where there are strict data protection laws.

Users in these regions will be required to give their consent for Facebook to access their data, including their phone numbers and information about how they interact with others, in order to continue using the app.

The requirement will apply regardless of whether or not the WhatsApp user has a Facebook account.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It's a tangled web we weave. Weren't we talking about Telegram here recently as well?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Gab seems to be the place to go right now.

IMG_20210113_064755.jpg

twp

Staff member
Yep, the rats are deserting the social media ships and taking to the life rafts. I hope GAB can weather this storm.

Same thing is happening with Youtube (so sad, NOT), users are going to other places like Ugetube.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
GAB is already labeled as a white supremacist hangout, I don't think that it is a good thing.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
That's a problem when you are trying to NOT censor your visitors. The site will draw all types of people who may disagree with each other, sometimes violently.

I have problems with sites which seem to cater to BLM//Antifa and similar philosophies. It they go overboard, then I drop them from my browser bookmarks.