1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article - Is Prepping Becoming Mainstream?

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Nov 26, 2018.

1. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

I found this to be accurate, in my experience of "preppers". Not the kind you see on TV or Videos...

https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/is-prepping-becoming-mainstream/

The emphasis on coffee may apply to you, but I can take it or leave it. Right now, I have some ground coffee in the freezer but not enough to last more than a year at the rate I drink it. You can skip the coffee discussion and read the other part of the article.

There are numerous links to other articles which you may find useful and supportive of our prepper lifestyle.

Synopsis: Yes, it is becoming "mainstream" and some of the newer preppers are NOT motivated by the hype from TV/Video. They may have seen those shows, but were able to sort the wheat from the chaff and see a need to prep.

Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

I think the newer wave of preparedness types are very much driven by logic rather than fear and drama. Many of these people don't even consider themselves preppers, but they are.