1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article - How to Survive Your Survivor Obsessed Husband, by Abigail A.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Jul 11, 2018.

1. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

I've experienced this, from a prepping mans point of view. My "spouse" was and is scared of the "survivalist' mindset. I try to swing the point of view to "prepping" as the descriptive name. Those TV shows don't help either... Good thing we don't watch TV around here.

I have a few of James Rawles books, but I'm the only one who has read them... Even Jerry D. Youngs books are a tough sell inside our home.

The author describes this from her point of view, having a husband who is all-in on "surviving".

She also offers some good (IMO) suggestions on how to approach this situation.

Short and Worth reading. Also the comments which follow.

How to Survive Your Survivor Obsessed Husband, by Abigail A. - SurvivalBlog.com

Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

My wife is funny about it, but she does pretty good. We cannot talk about it, at all, but she never complains about the preps at all and is very supportive about that. She mostly just doesn't want to think about it, but we have seen some serious s*** together and she is rock solid when it goes down.

3. twp

She sounds like a "keeper".

We've not yet had to face really "serious" situations. I don't know what the response will be and just as you, it is Very difficult to hold a conversation which involves the phrase "but, what if...".

So we keep on prepping, but I'm the driving force behind our actions as a couple. I've learned not to try to discuss scary scenarios...

Atlas likes this.
  4. Atlas

I tricked my wife into watching the Zeitgeist movie a while back. All she could way was WTF?! She walked around without blinking for a couple hours afterword, then told me I was in charge of all that, she just raises puppies.

5. twp

At least you're still married... It could have been worse.

6. Atlas

I am a very happy man, she is the Ying to my Yang. I only had to travel half way around the world to find her, but it was well worth it.

7. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

When you traveled half way around the world, did you take the long way or the short way?

Atlas likes this.
  8. Atlas

Most ships only go around 10 knots. The one I was working on when we met was in Panama, I was delivering it and she was on the crew manning it. The trip from San Francisco to Colon was 25 days or so, I would definitely call that going the LONG way.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Active Member

my wife is a life long born and bred countrywoman, has spent time in farming and knows more about the countryside than I ever will( I was a city person until we married 20 years ago- now live in the countryside).
    she is with me all the way on prepping, even tells me what to do next!!

Atlas likes this.
  10. Atlas

That is awesome @lonewolf! A good woman is the best prep ever.

lonewolf likes this.