1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article- How to be a Frugal Prepper

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

@Bunker Bob has some good thoughts on being a frugal prepper.

https://bunkerbasics.com/how-to-be-a-frugal-prepper/

He brings up some good points, but I would add that as time goes on you learn what is worth the price and what isn't. $500 custom made to order bug out bags may sound cool, but you can build one yourself for much less. It's easy to fall into a marketing trap, but sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

Bunker Bob and twp like this.
  2. twp

twp Search with DuckDuckGo.com Staff Member

I'll stick with our $30-$40 backpacks and two or three "day packs". We can, in a pinch, wear and carry all of them, but they all also fit in my bike trailer with the larger 5 gal. water jugs (2) and rolled blankets. Still looking for a small tent (2 person + gear).

jimLE and Atlas like this.