Article - Getting Started with Cloth Diapers

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
A two part article, updated as available:

Why diapers? Because I hope and expect the human race to continue in a post apocalypse world, or even in a pre-apocalypse situation like we have today. Children will NOT wait for a hypothetical recovery and availability of cloth diapers. I'm the oldest child of a multi-child family and I've done my share of changing sibling diapers. Make this part of your Prepper Plans, because you may face this in the future, so make the choice for cloth diapers now, while you still can.

Part 1) https://survivalblog.com/getting-started-cloth-diapers-part-1-adc/
Part 2) https://survivalblog.com/getting-started-cloth-diapers-part-2-adc/

In this article, I will not be presenting an exhaustive manual on cloth diapering. Nor will I be covering the same cloth diapering topics that have already been covered in SurvivalBlog. Those articles, while very worthwhile, touch on cloth diapering only briefly, or delve immediately into advanced topics. Rather, I will be providing an introduction to cloth diapering basics (with an eye to preparedness) that should be enough to get a new parent, especially a new father, started. I mention fathers specifically because the vast majority of cloth diapering books and articles are written by mothers. For whatever reason, mommies and daddies think about such topics differently. One is not superior to the other – they are simply different. I will also focus almost exclusively on cloth diapering babies from birth to about four months of age. This is the extent of my experience, but I think it will be valuable. Getting started with a new prep is always the hardest part, and, once started, it is much easier to build new knowledge atop a well-laid foundation

As a final note of introduction, Edward, the vintage Cabbage Patch doll, will be modeling for us.
DO NOTE the excellent recommendation on both laundering and PRE-washing of diapers.

Last edited:

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
The second part is linked in the OP, above.