1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article - Gab Launches ‘Dissenter’ Platform to Add Comments Section to Every Page on the Internet

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Feb 27, 2019.

1. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

I've not used Gab because I try to steer clear of social media in most forms (this forum is an exception) because social media does not respect my privacy (or yours). However, it (Gab) is an attempt to counteract the blatant censorship on other social media sites.

I still question the need for social media in the first place but acknowledge that it exists and has tremendous momentum in our world society. So: This new approach, by the Gab developers, seems to fill a niche created by the very censorship it aims to fight. That being said, it still does NOT address the privacy concerns of myself and others.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019...mments-section-to-every-page-on-the-internet/

With the above comments in mind, read about this "Dissenter" platform and make up your own mind.

DO NOTE: The claim that "Dissenter" works on all platforms is based on the use of a browser add-on utility. That utility may not work on all browsers, at this point in the game. I will NOT be installing it on my browsers because it has NOT been verified and tested by the marketplace. Even after such testing, I advise caution when installing any add-ons to your systems... That is NOT said as a carrot to entice you to try this, it is a warning. Some will try this because I advise against it... Ask yourself if you might regret acting on impulse...

The article contains links to additional information and some history surrounding social media.

Use social media at your own risk. Social media is the carrot dangling in front of the mule who pulls users toward someplace they may not want to go...:eek: Don't say I didn't warn you...:rolleyes: