1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article- Forget Obamageddon, Prepping is now mainstream

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

twp likes this.
  2. Punty

Punty Active Member

It's funny how they always tie prepping to psychological and political motives.

They never tie to the Hurricane Katrina events or California fire events, or anything that happens regularly every year...some kind of disaster that requires evacuation or loss of homes.

At the same time, they are constantly trying to pound fear into people over whatever the new "virus of the month club" is...EEE, Swine Flu, Bird Flu...you name it. Oh, and don't forget to get your flu shots..the flu could be a pandemic this year!

In my mind, prepping begins with keeping your gas tank no less than half full, and having a fire extinguisher and first aid kit in the home.

To coin a phrase; Prepping is applying common sense to common events, first.

EDIT: (Hey, there might be a good blog post in there! I may have a weekend project to write!)

twp and Atlas like this.
  3. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I believe that the ability to call anyone that you disagree with mentally ill is how they are working the angle now. It's a slippery slope.

If you write it, please make sure to cross post it here!

twp and Punty like this.