1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article - 3 Steps to Take Now Before the Next Recession

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Nov 21, 2018.

1. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

This is short.

3 Steps to Take Now Before the Next Recession | Tim Gamble

I'm sorry, this forum will not let you see the full URL but it is valid and uses HTTPS.

timgamble.com/2018/11/3-steps-to-take-now-before-next.html

These steps are not miraculous nor instantaneous. They require dedication and a plan to accomplish.

I know, personally, people who say they understand these three items, but don't want to commit to even begin to do them...

2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

That's a good one.

I'll see if I can figure out how to turn that off @two. I think I remember a button somewhere in there.

3. twp

It's not a big deal, but unless the user reads the URL from their browser while hovering over the link, it is less safe. I don't trust URLs which I cannot confirm. It is too easy to post a fake link to a malware site...

RE the linked site, the three steps are:

1) Reduce Your Consumption of Everything
    2) Get Out of Debt and Stay Out
    3) Secure Your Current Assets

Personally, I've got #2 handled and #1 is an ongoing process.

#3 is complex, depending on exactly what kind of assets (your wealth) is involved. The author seems to make the assumption that trust can be placed in third parties to hold and protect your assets... I don't make that assumption and try to hold assets which are in my physical possession or buried in the proverbial cold well.

As a prepper, my plans assume both small events (flat tire, local flood, etc.) and big events (fiat currency failure, government overreach, etc.). For the big events, assets will only retain value if we, individually, have control and access to those assets.

Atlas likes this.
  4. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

5. twp

Yes, then I can put the thread title where it belongs and not in the URL llink
    Thanks.

Atlas likes this.