Apartment maintenance, I'm outside for most of the day

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
Our apartment owners are sending in maintenance crews to do repairs across the complex, today through Monday. They want to wear masks and stay 6 feet away from everybody, so I'm just going to leave the apartment. I don't know if I'll have internet access so I may go silent for about 8-9 hours. At least they found a repair crew that was willing (and allowed) to work... I wonder if they get hazard pay?
Later

twp

Staff member
Arghh! I'm back and the maintenance crew did NOT show today, so we do it again tomorrow...:mad:

twp

Staff member
I'm really sorry too. It's like I'm banned from my own apartment....

twp

Staff member
Well, I'm outside of the apartment for the day again... I got internet access for about $19.00, or course that includes a pizza and refillable drink :D

At least the pizza is excellent.

All this just to get the fan duct in the bathroom cleaned...

twp

Staff member
Yep, with limited seating and shorter hours. Same great pizza.

twp

Staff member
And no cleaners showed up... So same routine for tomorrow... ARGGH!

twp

Staff member
I hope they do, somebody should get paid for inconveniencing me. Ideally, it should be ME getting paid, but that ain't going to happen...

WolfBrother

I’d stay in till the knock on the door happens. X 2 days and no show?

Then again I’m something of a cantankerous old fart.

twp

Staff member
I figure they will not be here on Sunday, which leaves Monday. I agree, I'll stay until they show (if?) and ask them how long they expect to need to complete the job. At least I did get some shopping done on Friday, but I'm tired of walking around...

twp

Staff member
Well, Crap! I hope they want the pay more than they need a holiday! This is getting old, fast.

twp

Staff member
The notice from the apartment manager said Monday was the last day... I'm not confident...
Plus we have other maintenance which we are not allowed to do ourselves, like replacing gaskets on faucets...
Weird place to live...