1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An application of Situational Awareness

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Feb 10, 2020.

1. twp

twp Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine. Staff Member

With the news feeds being inundated with reports on (pick one or more): Politics, Corona Virus, we, as Preppers, need to keep a wider focus on potential threats. I give you the winter weather in the Eastern US as an example. We also have some volcanic activity around the globe and the Fukushima reactor meltdown (still dumping radioisotopes into the ocean).

I will admit to contributing to the distraction as I follow the Corona virus outbreak. I also am trying NOT to report on the political situation as the US enters an election year cycle (2020). If something shows up on my radar which I think could have an impact on Preppers, I will certainly report on it here, but so far it is just politics as usual.

I'm writing this in hope that other Preppers don't fall prey to the news media and don't follow their "carrot on a string" attempts to lead us down their chosen path... "Move along now, nothing to see here".

We still have potential threat situations on the Prepper risk map and (IMO) should keep part of our attention on the whole picture. Let's not be surprised by something while sitting in front a screen, eating popcorn and drinking an adult beverage...:rolleyes: Tempting though that is...

Y'all keep watch now, ok?

Atlas, WolfBrother and soyer38301 like this.