1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermath. A short film about WROL

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by hypnos, Dec 7, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was very good, very well made, well acted and unfortunately probably accurate.
    The worse society gets before a disaster even happens, the worse WROL will be afterward most likely.
    Curious what everyone else's take on this will be.

With what appears to be a WROL situation in full force, i could see occupying any visible structures being extremely risky. Even if only to scavenge them.

Everything starts off wrong for the main characters' situation. Not in a BOL, asymmetrical loadout (one person with both guns and most of the gear) and also no overwatch protection when entering the dwelling to scavenge. If I was in a similar situation, it would probably be better to cache the unneeded gear near the dwelling, give the handgun to the one so intent on searching and exploring, and provide over watch security of the building from the outside with the rifle. that is, after surveying the location for a few days prior to going in if at all possible.

lots of snow means recent activity would yield lots of tracks.

Punty and Atlas like this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

Good film. We should all hope this is not in our future.

Buildings are death traps in this scenario.

hypnos likes this.
  3. WolfBrother

WolfBrother Well-Known Member

The worse society gets before a disaster even happens, the worse WROL will be afterward most likely.
    Curious what everyone else's take on this will be.

One thing I learned while a Ranger was to build a hide. It was underground.
    My units mission was:
    to be REFORGERed
    then PAVE LOWed and either do a out the back low level static line jump or a quick offload at an LZ
    well on the bad guy side of FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area)
    do a hide
    set up a double dipole 140+ antenna for our 5 watt radios
    then LP/OP (Listening Post/Observation Post)
    then call in intel on bad guy strength/travel and such.

Our hides were underground and the entrances were well camouflaged. I suspect this might be something you might need to put into your idea box.

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  4. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

It already is.

hypnos and WolfBrother like this.