3D printed guns - Good or bad?

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by Overlander, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Overlander

Overlander Administrator Staff Member

I know that 3D printed guns have been possible for several years now, but has the technology improved at all since 2013 when this article was written?

Has anyone here heard of the possibility of 3D printed guns? Have you created your own? What was your experience.

I also just found Pistol Tactical Accessories Clamp @ Pinshape which is a 3D printed accessories clamp for a BB pistol.

This is very interesting technology, but I don't see it ever becoming possible to make a working, reliable weapon without upgrading from the plastic printing media that's currently used in these devices.

I'd love to hear from someone who has more knowledge on this.

2. Crawlingtoy

Crawlingtoy Moderator Staff Member

I don't really think 3d printing guns will be popular just yet, BUT there are a couple companies selling polymer AR lowers that are looking good. It's essentially a mold and the polymer compounds in a kit. You mix up the plastic and pour it into the mold, let it set up and then you have a lower. Easy enough?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

3. Overlander

Overlander Administrator Staff Member

Very cool. I don't think I've seen that kit, but I'm off to find it now. I don't have an immediate need for something like that, but I'd love to read more about it.

4. Crawlingtoy

Crawlingtoy Moderator Staff Member

Freedom-15 100% AR-15 Lower Mold Kit & Resin

It would be cool if they made a glock frame version of this too.