2020 Forest Fire Season

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Just like the good old days. We plan to fight here if we ever have to. The neighbors and I have plans.

Reactions: twp

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
And that was written by someone who wants to spread FUD in the media. We've had decades of failure to clean up the forest undergrowth which is what fuels these fires. Historically, forest fires have swept large areas of forests, but that was before the population exploded. Now, the "green" movement has prevented fires from doing the housecleaning and we have runaway burns and no infrastructure to handle them on this scale.

Remember the fires of last year? Where the area under power lines were prime places for fires to both start and to travel. That is particularly true in California. The lesson was NOT learned.

Controlled burns are a possible solution but that means government/private groups need to start managing the fuel load. I'm not reading about any effort to do that, perhaps because the people who would do it are too busy fighting the current fires.

Then we add the arson sources, which I believe are causing a large part of these fires... Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up.

The MSM reports are, IMO, biased toward helping keep the population scared and uninformed. Beware of what you are being told by your news sources.

Dogman

Take a look at a map of that area...I do not see a lot of heavy forested area's...Maybe they were fighting a fire up off of the 211 road...

twp

Staff member
@Dogman, not clear on what you're talking about. What is the general area that you're recommending using a map?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I think that I am going to totally ignore everything that comes from British Media at this point. They are worse than CNN as a general rule for BS Articles.

twp

Staff member
Too bad it is Google Maps. I don't want Google to know where I'm looking.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Windy.com Is a really good website. I didn't know you could do this with it, but now that I've seen it I am not surprised. Thanks for pointing this out.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
PSPS #2 is happening now. Luckily we are not in the zone on this one.

twp

Staff member
Cross your fingers...

twp

Staff member
Sure... And Newsom is a great guvnor... Right...

twp

Staff member
The winds shifted and now Reno has smoke, again. Watching...

twp

Staff member
Hot here too. I had to turn on the swamp cooler fan next to my computer.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
The next round of PSPS is scheduled for monday and tuesday. We are getting ready for it, as we will probably be in on this one.