2020 Forest Fire Season

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Let me know if you hear of any attempts to hold the fire accountable... Perhaps the liberal party will try? They could probably convince Joe to support it...:p

twp

Staff member
More smoke in Reno today. California is still burning.
We're coughing and hacking again. No rain in sight either.

twp

Staff member
Cross your fingers and check your power backup system.

twp

Staff member
California Governor Declares State of Emergency Over Wildfires

https://www.theepochtimes.com/calif...tate-of-emergency-over-wildfires_3489924.html

President Trump last month again criticized officials in California for mismanaging the state’s forests.

“I see again, the forest fires are starting,” Trump said when he signed a presidential disaster declaration for the state. “They’re starting again in California. And I said, you’ve got to clean your floors. You’ve got to clean your floors.”

Trump said that he has “been telling them this now for three years.”
So stop sending federal money to California? Burn it to the ground and start over? Why isn't Newsom out there on the fire line? I don't see him pulling hoses or using a Pulaski to cut fire breaks... I'm just a little pissed and I don't even live in California.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That man has never used a tool one time in his whole entire life and he never will. He is definitely above that.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
I still vote that he be encouraged to break rocks at San Quentin...

twp

Staff member
So he can get solitary confinement, with an entire prison all to himself... No maids, no room service.

twp

Staff member
Smoke in Reno, visibility less than 1 mile. Smelly too. California is still burning.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It's real bad all the way up into Washington and over to eastern Nevada.

WolfBrother

I'm going to contact my congressman to see if the EPA can fine California for all of the pollution and such due to the States negligence. The fires are huge due to California deliberately and with forethought nrglecting in it's duty to mitigate the fires by proper brush control and forest thinning.

twp

Staff member
Good idea. I hope you can get some traction with your congress critter. Nevada is gaining weight from all that smoke.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to contact my congressman to see if the EPA can fine California for all of the pollution and such due to the States negligence. The fires are huge due to California deliberately and with forethought nrglecting in it's duty to mitigate the fires by proper brush control and forest thinning.
Problem is, you'll have to sue the feds as well. Most of these fires build steam on mis-managed national forests. The USDA might even be MORE complicit than the state.

Reactions: twp