2020 Forest Fire Season

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
I think mother nature is pissed at us... Let's draft Antifa as fire fighters...;) Two birds with one stone?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Loyalton fire is 75% contained now, is the smoke getting better over there in Reno? It's real bad here, but I think it's from the Santa Cruz and Lake Berryessa.

The fire down around Santa Cruz is a little too Ironic for me to care, which is sad.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/dolan-fire-aug-22-wildfire-in-big-sur/33673397

Mis-management of forest for last 6 decades is the cause of this and all those tree huggers need to step up and admit it.

twp

Staff member
Reno still has a smoke problem, if a little less (very little) than the days before. We wake up, then hack and cough for a while. I have a stuffed up nose and can still smell the smoke. Visibility is still less than a mile here.

I don't think that the Loyalton fire is the only source of smoke here. The wind direction is basically Northeast and many of the California fires are contributing. We have a few fires here in Nevada also, but they are north and east of me so we don't see their smoke.

twp

Staff member
Driving through hell: Motorists desperately try to escape California wildfires that have killed six with two of the blazes now in state's top ten biggest EVER as Gov. Newsom pleads with Australia and Canada to send help

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8653015/Dashcam-captures-terrifying-drive-California-wildfires-killed-six.html

Lots of pictures, bad conditions. Smoke is traveling to multiple states, not just those adjacent to Cali.

I noted a comment about the lack of half-mile fire breaks... Newsom ignored this, even after the fires of earlier years. Home owners ignored this and lost their homes... This is a strong hint to Preppers who who a Bug-Out property...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It's enough to make me sick when I think about it too much. How badly the policies of the last 50 years have screwed people over and now homeowners are losing everything.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
I'd add those to the reasons to leave California, but other states have painfully similar policies and policy makers.

Where can you go? I'd suggest the coming Mars flights, but Hillary and Bill are already booked for there.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
There is now an evacuation order for Alameda county in the Bay Area, which is a fairly densely populated area. I hope these people have a bug out plan.
IMG_20200822_184712.jpg

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
They say it is a "remote" area, but it is right up against the east side of SF bay and that is high population density.
Nasty.

WolfBrother

Unless the PTB has a very good evac plan, due to the population size in that area, it’ll be a Charlie Foxtrot like Katrina and the Rita was.

I was a Reserve Deputy back then and first hand was dealing with the resulting CF.

It’ll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
History has proven that the forest fires of California would burn constantly for 100's of years for all of time before we came and settled the land. I'm guessing that nature has a way of moving on from the disease of humanity just like any other plague or infestation.

twp

Staff member
That was before the gubernators wanted to "save money" and not do basic brush cleanup... So we pay the price...

twp

Staff member
And the lesson goes on, and on, and on... I wish the schoolmarm would start smacking some people in the thrones of power, using a Big ruler.

Dogman

I have a lot of smoke in my A.O. from good old california... Thank you wind i really need the smog..:mad::mad: